Tuesday, October 07, 2008

My WWE Figure Collection

Happy Birthday to Terry "Rhino" Gerin, Chia Aik Lin, Tan Liping and Jerrald Yeo

As promised, here are pictures of some of the WWE figures that I have... I still got a few more wrestling figures other than these, but for now I'm showing you the Superstars who are in the current roster.


The Big Red Monster... KANE!! I bought this for myself on my 21st birthday back in 2004. There is indeed a strong resemblance between the figure and Glen Jacobs. I used black marker to draw a glove and wristband for Kane; the elbow pads were taken from another wrestling figure (not featured in this lineup). Kane came with a shovel, but I didn't make use of that so often. I brought it along during the Smackdown/ECW Tour at the Indoor Stadium last year, where Kane was among the wrestlers who were part of the show.


The Undertaker, Big Evil Biker persona (2002-2003). One of my army friends bought this for me as an advanced 21st birthday gift, about a week before I bought the Kane figure. It was actually a bootleg figure sold in Comics Connection, but I didn't mind at all. I used marker to draw tattoos on the figure's arms and chest, and even the word "SARA" on his neck (it's a shame that he got it removed recently). And it's rather hard to get the current Phenom version of Mark Callaway.


The Animal, BATISTA!!! I bought this guy in mid June, hours before I went to see Felicia at Bugis Junction, and a day before I went for a holiday in Thailand. I chose this one out of a few variations of Batistas (but I never expected him to go botak again soon after, arghhh). Yeah, and I find it hard to believe that Dave Batista's already a grandfather at 39 years old (his older daughter having given birth to twin boys earlier this year). Good life to be a young Ah Gong!! :-p



The Marine... JOHN CENA!!! I bought him along with Batista. It's a pity that his mouth can't close. There were other versions of Cena at Chinatown, but I liked this the most. He looks better in green pants than in blue pants IMO... looking forward to his return at the 2008 Survivor Series.


The Game... TRIPLE H!!! I bought him from Robo Robo nearly 2 weeks ago. I used black marker to color his elbows to serve as elbow pads. It seems that Paul Levesque can't do the Pedigree properly, given his rather huge thighs. Also, his left foot seemed rather loose...


And last but not least, the Heartbreak Kid, SHAWN MICHAELS!! This is the one I bought from Robo Robo just a few days ago. I actually wanted to get a HBK toy in black trousers with red and white linings, but it seemed that it was for display purpose only. So I decided to buy this figure at the main store instead (one with Christian motifs on his pants). Only setback is, Michael Hickenbottom's right arm seems a bit loose, so I have to take extra caution when handling HBK. It's a pity he didn't win the World Title at No Mercy, but I believe there will be a next time...


It's D-Generation X!! Break it down!!

Triple H: Are you ready? No!! I said, ARE YOU READY??? Then for the thousands in attendance... and the millions watching at home... and also for that despicable fella named Sean Koh who can't get enough of boasting about his belongings and achievements, and also for the WWE fans who want to see that boy get his butt kicked. Lllllll.... let's get ready to suck it!!

Shawn Michaels: And if you or anyone out there ain't down with that, then we've got TWO WORDS for ya... (SUCK IT!!)


Batista and Cena were the final 2 of the 2005 Royal Rumble... they would go on to become first-time Champions for their respective brands at WrestleMania 21, then get drafted to the other's brand (Cena to Raw, Batista to Smackdown) a few months later, meet up in interpromotional tag team matches, and eventually go one-on-one at Summerslam 2008.


Behold the Brothers of Destruction!! Established since 1998... Undertaker and Kane are top-billing Superstars of their own rights. Bet some of you didn't know that Undertaker first faced Kane in the 1997 Royal Rumble, back when the latter was known as the Fake Diesel.


So there you have it... 6 A-list Superstars, all former World Champions... 5 of them being Royal Rumble winners. The miniature title belts were bought alongside the HBK figure. While Kane isn't a Royal Rumble winner, he did win the ECW Battle Royale, and went on to defeat Chavo Guerrero to become ECW Champion at WrestleMania XXIV.
  • Batista, Royal Rumble 2005 winner, 3-time former World Heavyweight Champion.
  • John Cena, Royal Rumble 2008 winner, 3-time former WWE Champion.
  • Kane, ECW Battle Royale winner, former WWE Champion, former ECW Champion.
  • Shawn Michaels, Royal Rumble 1995 and 1996 winner, 3-time former WWE Champion, former World Heavyweight Champion.
  • Triple H, Royal Rumble 2002 winner, 7-time WWE Champion, 5-time former World Heavyweight Champion.
  • The Undertaker, Royal Rumble 2007 winner, 4-time former WWE Champion, 2-time former World Heavyweight Champion.

No comments: